Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Headlights on 166 prefacelift - what are they made from ?

989 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Dan17583 
#1 ·
Hello All,
Everybody know how bad the 166 headlights are, especially if You have H7 version. The thing get's even worse with time. That is why I'am planning to add put some life into my headlights. I tought of dismantling it and cleaning projector lens and glass from inside, but I would propably have to take the bumper off, which at the moment is no option for me. Another thing I want to do is to polish the outer surface of the headlights to get rid of all those scratches and stone chips. This can be done easily, but I'am concerned about what the headlights are made of...

Is it glass or polycarbonate ?

If it was polycarbonate, then a sand paper and a standard paint polish would do the trick. If it was glass, then I would have to use cerium dioxide.

Anybody knows of what material headlights on pre facelift 166 are made of ?

Brgrs,
TomekT

#6 ·
Also consider trying some philips bright stars or the osram equivalients. Did this in my 156 and the difference was remarkable.

I recall being told that all halogens get worse with time as the bulbs deteriorate - though cannot remember if this was urban myth or someone that new what they were talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.