Last new 166 in UK sold! - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Gold Member
County: South Lanarkshire
Re: Last new 166 in UK sold!

Originally Posted by dave harrison View Post
hello everyone, sorry for not replying sooner,ive been working away and have not had time to use the car and so she sits in the garage still in the wrapper so to speak which is a shame especially since ive just stumped up 400 for the tax ,
big mistake ive made is in buying a small car to run around in and take the car park dings at work -i guess you can say i am in awe of the 166 and scared it will get marked------
anyway this is all going to change,the 166 is gonna get some use starting from now on,just as soon as it stops raining,,,,and when they stop gritting the roads,,,,sh%t im doing it again arn't i`
you gotta understand that this car (barring a massi gran turismo)is the most ultra beautifull car ive ever clapped eyes on so please excuse me for wrapping it in cotten wool for a while longer.
she now has 2500 miles thanks to a couple of long trips and 30 mpg is no prob but usual is 27 ,ya gotta drive like a nun to get any over 30 so ive given up trying .the car does get many admiring glances and ive taken to parking it when possible next to bmws and audis just to show how ugly these cars are in comparison,the 3 series in particular looks like some floppy grandmas hat.....
take care all and i shall keep in touch..
Your day will come Dave...Your original wheels are still in my neighbours garage as theres not been any good weather to use them in.Perhaps I should have wrapped mine in cling film.

Originally Posted by merlinboss View Post
My much loved V reg 166 has just had its 2.0 litre Ti engine explode on the A33 and with no warning! I'd recently serviced it too!

Yep Merlin sometimes they just do that...No confined to Alfa though.

Had the servicing anything to do with it? Dony you know any wee apprentice mechanics that would like a wee challenge to hone their skills.And save you a few bob.

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

166 , sold