Hi all - the time has come to part with my 1995 164 Cloverleaf regrettably
, and before doing the eBay/Pistonheads classifieds thing I thought I'd ask the collective what they feel would be the right price to ask. I've seen a number of cars up for a variety of figures some sensible some not, and mine needs one or two bits doing which is likely to affect any figure I come up with.
She's red, with 115k on the clock backed up by old MOTs (not many owners - think 3 or 4 without checking), with various bills, MOT til end March and about three months tax (at work so can't check now).
- 2 new front tyres, 2 nearly new at the back.
- new CSC twin stainless backbox (looks lovely).
- perfect interior (except temperamental heating LCD as usual).
- all electrics work, including factory stereo and switchable suspension.
- Still a great drive. The engine pulls brilliantly.
- firstly I'd get the cambelt changed, last one was @ 81k.
- despite fitting the new backbox which seemed to fix a blowing exhaust for a few months, it's now sounding boomier at idle so not sure if there's a leak somewhere. Not terrible but worth mentioning.
- needs the tracking set up properly, the numpties that fitted the front tyres didn't do it right and it hasn't tracked straight since, despite taking it back
- needs a water hose replacing: the thin hose that joins the drivers side of the header tank has seen better days, and water is slowly squeezing out from under the jubilee clip despite tightening it.
- sunroof doesn't work.
- a piece of rubber trim around the drivers door is loose, leading to damp carpets when it rains.
- paint pink in places (curable, loads of autoglym stuff waiting to go on when I get time) and laquer peeling on drivers wing, sunroof and boot lid.
- normal corrosion around wheel bolts, looks fine from a distance.
I know an obvious answer is to sort out all the little bits then sell it for more as a result, but I don't have the time due to work and a half-completed 205 GTI engine transplant jobbie
I think I bit off more than I can chew with the 205 project so need the funds tied up in the Alfa. I'd like it to go to a good appreciative home, as it's rare and an awesome drive
Here are some more pics:
DSCF0125.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DSCF0116.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DSCF0117.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DSCF0131.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DSCF0132.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DSCF0013.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
alfa9.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
alfa10.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DSCF0007.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So, tricky question I know, but what's it worth? Thoughts appreciated. I wanted to put something up on here before putting ads elsewhere, if anyone would like to discuss feel free to PM me before it gets advertised in all the usual places midweek