removing the rear parcel shelf
Please find below the procedure for removing the rear parcel shelf I will not cover in detail points contained in other threads
1. Remove the rear seat base.
2. Remove the rear seat back.
3. Remove the screws then prise out the screw lugs on the front leading edge of the parcel shelf.
4. Lift up the rear storage lid, remove the round screw cover in base of it, remove the 4.5 allen screw.
5. Prise off the shelf speaker covers slowly starting at the front and work around until loose- lift off.
6. If you can, remove at this point the yellow connector plugs from the speakers connectors - be very carefull I could not get the connectors off and nearly ripped the wires out of the speaker cones. so see point 15 if you can not.
7. Remove the two round screw covers from the third brake light housing, remove the 2.5mm allen screws.
8. Lift up the front leading edge of the third brake light cover and pull it towards you at a slight upwards angle until it is out from the rear locating tabs.
9. Flip it over and remove the third brake light wiring connector and push the wiring through the hole it comes from.
10. You now see a black control box (this is the key remote control) held by two more 2.5mm allan screws - remove the allen screws and push the control box through the hole behind it.
11. Pull off the door seals near the rear trim panels each side of the parcel shelf, remove the black round push fit fastners and prise off the side panels - they dammed stiff so be brave.
12. Guide the seat belts through the vertical slot in the plastic belt holders on the parcel shelf.
13. Open up the boot and locate the two long threaded bars underneath and remove the two capitive nuts.
14. Push each threaded bar upwards a bit slowly then go back to the parcel shelf and lift up the front leading edge.
15.You will see that the threaded bars are very near to the speakers wire loom and ease the loom away slightly from the bars as you lift the parcel up until the bars are are clear of the holes . If you have someone to help you this would be a great help at this point.
16. Pull the parcel shelf towards you until it is out of the rear locating tabs below the rear window, make sure those bars do not not catch the speaker loom as you pull it completly out!
17. If your thinking where are the rear shock tops at this point, they hidden below the seat belt reels. Remove the set belt reels by removing the 3 bolts and pull out the thick sound proof foam and you will find them.
Last edited by paul.o; 08-10-09 at 22:02.