Alfa 159 driver seat squeaking - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 04-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Serbia
Alfa 159 driver seat squeaking

I have ultra annoying squeaking coming of under drivers seat, squeak is present when i come in/out of car, and over bumps when my body jumps a bit and on highway when my body jumps a bit too...

I havent had squeaky issue when i was sitting a bit higher, but after i learned how long car is on front, i putted seat in lowest position, and after some time it started squeaking....I lubricated moving parts of seat, which move when you lower/rise seat, and it stopped...but after day-2 it comes back, and now it came to part where lubricating doesnt help, it squeaks less but its there too...I used wd 40 and silicone spray (90% silicone spray)

It squeaks at rear right part (afaik).

Also i have some noise coming from leg support, which is not as loud or driving me crazy as this squeak, any help appreciated

Edit: its distinctive package, not leather seat, not alfatex either

Last edited by nikola016; 04-07-16 at 23:31.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 6 Old 08-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Bump
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Hi there,

I had exactly the same issue (especially when driving over bumps or even cracks on the highway) - and after inspection, I concluded that it has to be a section where plastic rubs against metal somewhere. The only fix is to raise the seat half a centimeter - no more squeaks since a year. Don't worry - you get used to the driving position fast enough.

(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 11-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

I fixed it, in my situation raising seat up for 1 step didnt helped, same thing...I lubricated 3 things, and squaks - gone, Screenshot by Lightshot rounded thing, is most likely problem, it had a bit of rust, i lubricated it while seat was in highest position, then lowered it completely, lubricated it again (silicone spray) and then i putted it 1 step above minimum and no squeaks....I have some noise in side support on seating part of seat, but thats sponge vs metal noise, ill fix that when am not lazy, as it doesnt bother me too much
AO Member

County: Portugal
Garage
I have this issue too with my 159. When they are in the lower position they squeaking when i made a turn or pass over bumps.

My solution was raise a little the seat.
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 17-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCoGn1t0 View Post
I have this issue too with my 159. When they are in the lower position they squeaking when i made a turn or pass over bumps.

My solution was raise a little the seat.
Dude just lubricate things i showed in that picture....lower it then to the lowest and it will be quiet i did over 1000km's and 0 sound from those metal things

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 , alfa , driver , seat , squeaking

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page