Newbie - Brera 2.4 (08) upgrades - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Monaco7

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 25-06-16 Thread Starter

County: Scotland
Garage

Member car:

Brera 2.4JTD

Newbie - Brera 2.4 (08) upgrades

Hello All

Firstly, thanks for the great forum, I've just bought a black Brera 2.4 which I am more than happy with having driven her back to Scotland from Wales via London got a great introduction to the car! (Went to see Coldplay) As I drove the car with said band on the stereo, I actually called the guy who sold me it as I thought he'd omitted to tell me about the stereo was broken, he pointed me in the direction of this forum to confirm that the stereo from the factory was as terrible! Sadly, it indeed was the case.

So, I've booked the car in next week to have the speakers replaced, there's already a cracking head unit in which is all touchscreen/sat nav/iPhone compatible and all that, so a woofer in the boot, a 5 channel amp and 4 new speakers in the cabin.

The second thing I'm doing, and I promise I am no boy racer, this is purely for aesthetics, is to have new rims fitted, with a new front end spoiler (DTM) a new back "diffuser" (Novitec) and Cadamuro side skirts for the car. I got these from some dude in Germany (alfisti,net) who knows his stuff, and I know a local guy who'll paint them all up. Not that I think the Alfa an unpleasing-to-the-eye car at all, but just think these mods will give it even more individuality and make it look somewhat sleeker.

The last thing I wanted to do is to put the HiD lights on the car, and I note a thread on this. Before I ask anything, I'd like to point out that my technical knowledge is zero, in fact, it is probably in the minuses so all the techie photos and wiring diagrams whizzed so far over my head they needed oxygen, but I know a man who can perform the surgery if I donate the parts. My question is, do I replace all 3 (6) lamps on the front? I see they're on eBay with the "ballast" thing so don't know whether to do all 6 or only the outside ones.

My last question is if there's anything else recommended to do to the car. I got it £4K below the budget I had set and thus far am around £3K into that under-spend with the aforementioned works, I'll do before and after shots too if anyone is interested. (I'm not convinced it needs a remap at this time, might look into that at a later stage, this is my daily driver car so don't need it to be a flying-machine, and I think it suffers a wee bit from torque steer anyway so don't want to magnify that when pulling out of junctions etc)

Regards.
M7.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rims.jpg (84.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Front.jpg (40.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Side.jpg (95.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Back.jpg (55.1 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2393
County: -
Well, everything you need to know about the lights for 159/brera you can find here (LEDs Advice for the 159). Also, there are a lot of mods you may want to consider at tuning & upgrades section of the forum
AO Member

County: Angus
Enjoy the car. I'll look out for you out and about, I also just bought one.

(Post Link) post #4 of 9 Old 18-08-16 Thread Starter

Garage

Member car:

Brera 2.4JTD

I've now finished most of the work to my 08 Brera, am very happy with the results.

The original car looked great, I was not unhappy with her at all save the wheels which needed a refurb, so they've gone in for an overhaul and will have winter tyres fitted.

1) New 600w speaker system with 5 way amp, all round new speakers and 12 inch bass cone in spare wheel housing (all recessed in boot)
2) New alloys fitted
3) Windows tinted
4) Side, back and front skirts fitted

Still wanting the dash centre changed out / wrapped from silver to black and wanting those awesome halo front lights too, then she shall be done.

Can't find an obvious way to get 200kb pics on here so have an album for anyone interested.

http://postimg.org/gallery/19zv8khbu/

Regards.
M7.
(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 18-08-16 Thread Starter

Garage

Member car:

Brera 2.4JTD

AHA! Figured out the picture thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AR RED.jpg (156.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg AR 2.jpg (136.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg AR R 2.jpg (127.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg AR4.jpg (113.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg AR5.jpg (99.5 KB, 14 views)
bigjim and trcXL like this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco7 View Post
AHA! Figured out the picture thing.

Love wot u've done. Mines red and seems to be going the same way. How much have you lowered it by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 18-08-16 Thread Starter

Garage

Member car:

Brera 2.4JTD

These are the before shots and a couple of the new stereo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ARB4.jpg (147.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ARB42.jpg (112.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg ARB44.jpg (120.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ARI.jpg (99.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg ARI1.jpg (70.7 KB, 10 views)
(Post Link) post #8 of 9 Old 18-08-16 Thread Starter

Garage

Member car:

Brera 2.4JTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bacon View Post
Love wot u've done. Mines red and seems to be going the same way. How much have you lowered it by?
Thanks Tim, I'm very happy with the results too.

I haven't lowered the car at all believe it or not, think those side skirts give the appearance of the car being lower.

Now speaking to the same guy who fitted the new speakers about those awesome lights, that'll be next and then into painter to have dash painted black.

Rgds.
M7.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco7 View Post
Thanks Tim, I'm very happy with the results too.

I haven't lowered the car at all believe it or not, think those side skirts give the appearance of the car being lower.

Now speaking to the same guy who fitted the new speakers about those awesome lights, that'll be next and then into painter to have dash painted black.

Rgds.

M7.

I'm looking at the gap between your wheel arch and the tyre. Mine look more like a 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
brera , newbie , upgrades

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page