Where is Blue & Me located? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 7Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrimJeeper
  • 1 Post By antipesto93
  • 3 Post By Papa Gallo
  • 1 Post By Papa Gallo
  • 1 Post By epsonix

(Post Link) post #1 of 20 Old 19-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Crazed Where is Blue & Me located?

Hi, I am trying to locate my Blue & Me system in my Alfa 159.

I am currently having the well known issues with the B&M system, including No Media Available when pressing the CD button, and English Language Unavailable.

My USB Port works fine, as my USB lights up when the key is inserted and ignition on, however, it takes 20+ minutes for the system to read the data and allow me to play the music on the USB (currently 2GB stick with 20 songs on)

The English Language Unavailable notification is also only presented after 20+ in synchronization with my media being detected on the USB and made available for playing, but until then, the phone and speech buttons on the steering wheel for B&M / media access are unresponsive and present no functionality at all.

Correct me if i am wrong, buts far as i am aware, an update on the B&M cannot be performed unless the media file paths and navigation system is available on the HUD, due to the option for downloading software from USB to system being located there? (same applies for installing language packs again)?

I have had a proxy alignment done to see if it would provide a fix for the above, but to no avail, with the exception of removing a flashing Odometer which was a plus.

The HUD Time is still flashing which means there is still a problem somewhere, and not just a completely fried B&M system, which gives me a bit of hope that once the still remaining problem is found and resolved, hopefully i will have my B&M back up and running.

I have learned from other sources that an unplug and refit of the B&M system, as well as giving it a clean may well solve the problem, as someone else found to be the case in their Fiat.

So back to my original question, where is the B&M located in a 159? Hopefully not hidden in the depths of the cars dash. (I pray)

Your guidance and any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Regards, Connor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Ankara
Garage
in the glovebox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AO Member

It is behind the bottom half of the radio - double din radio only takes up one space, blue&me takes the other
you can just about see it here
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/VGfNqH6kfMs/maxresdefault.jpg

(Post Link) post #4 of 20 Old 19-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by francobaresi View Post
in the glovebox

I currently have the glovebox out, and awaiting further instruction captain ... can you describe to me what it looks like?
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
Garage
As antipesto93 says: It's in a rack behind the lower half of the headunit facia.
You need to pull the headunit to access it.
Connor1010h likes this.
(Post Link) post #6 of 20 Old 19-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipesto93 View Post
It is behind the bottom half of the radio - double din radio only takes up one space, blue&me takes the other
you can just about see it here
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/VGfNqH6kfMs/maxresdefault.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by francobaresi View Post
in the glovebox

Should i go in through the glovebox or radio out? I've been looking for a box unit? is it such or is it a cable / plug into the Radio i need to be detatching?
AO Member

County: Ankara
Garage
sorry dude , i misunderstood, disregard my previos message

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor1010h View Post
Should i go in through the glovebox or radio out? I've been looking for a box unit? is it such or is it a cable / plug into the Radio i need to be detatching?
Remove the radio out (requires some sort of removal tool)
you will see a black box which is 50% the size of the radio.
pull the box out (some fiddling required as it is in a cage, think you have to remove the entire fasicia/surround)
The blue&me box has one wire going to it, with a big blue plug on the end.
http://www.fiatalfadealerparts.co.uk...e/SDC16022.JPG

even better - video : https://youtu.be/dMMPcRAckCY?t=70
Connor1010h likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: - okie dokie - uno due tre quattro
Quote:
I currently have the glovebox out, and awaiting further instruction captain ... can you describe to me what it looks like?
its a small compartment for storing service manuals and general objects like sunglasses etc, should come with a handle which you pull down, and then it becomes more obvious

AO Silver Member

County: - okie dokie - uno due tre quattro
sorry i thought you meant what does the glovebox look like

LoL

jokes aside, i found this for you hope it helps, its pretty detailed and is translated from a non English forum, but there are links to links that may help

[159] Set Blue&Me
Connor1010h likes this.

Last edited by Papa Gallo; 19-05-16 at 20:14.
AO Member

County: Bielsko-Biala
Garage
that link to Alfaholicy.org,last post is mine about succesfully addedd b&m to my 159.

anyway. problems wit b&m, first i would disconnect battery for a couple of minutes. it helps for b&m problems very often. second, b&m do not like a lot of usb sticks, i would try a few others.
only if these would not help, i would go for removing radio an checking b&m plug(replug just in case), then i would try update(step by step versions, and last language if one after updates is not one you want)
Papa Gallo likes this.
(Post Link) post #12 of 20 Old 20-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Not Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Gallo View Post
sorry i thought you meant what does the glovebox look like

LoL

jokes aside, i found this for you hope it helps, its pretty detailed and is translated from a non English forum, but there are links to links that may help

[159] Set Blue&Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsonix View Post
that link to Alfaholicy.org,last post is mine about succesfully addedd b&m to my 159.

anyway. problems wit b&m, first i would disconnect battery for a couple of minutes. it helps for b&m problems very often. second, b&m do not like a lot of usb sticks, i would try a few others.
only if these would not help, i would go for removing radio an checking b&m plug(replug just in case), then i would try update(step by step versions, and last language if one after updates is not one you want)
Thanks Papa Gallo, very much appreciated.

Epsonix - Can the update and language packs be installed without access to the media tools / setup directory on the HUD, because at present i have no access to these option and also my phone button & speech recognition button on the steering wheel are unresponsive.....?
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
So, hopefully you now know that the Blue&Me unit is behind the radio and only the connection is in the glove box.

Previously I've sorted out 'Autoplay' but I think the problem is linked to the way the system remembers the 'Media Library'. Follow this...

Having read the manual again I can see that there is some connection with 'building the media library'. It seems that the autoplay is remembered with the library.

1) Turn off autoplay.
2) Remove stick.
3) Turn off autoplay again
4) Insert another memory stick (so that it rebuilds the library)
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Thanks Papa Gallo, very much appreciated.

Epsonix - Can the update and language packs be installed without access to the media tools / setup directory on the HUD, because at present i have no access to these option and also my phone button & speech recognition button on the steering wheel are unresponsive.....?
i do not know. i did it once only after adding b&m to my car and before update all was functional(of course after proxi alignment). have you tried battery disconnect and replugging b&m unit, as well as different usb sticks? if you tried these, you may try firmware update procedure, first you will see if configuration file was stored on usb stick(you need full(not quick!) formated to fat32, empty stick, and save there some files fron blueandme website) , if so you
may try update first 5.5,then 5.6 then language(if needed) .
(Post Link) post #15 of 20 Old 23-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
i do not know. i did it once only after adding b&m to my car and before update all was functional(of course after proxi alignment). have you tried battery disconnect and replugging b&m unit, as well as different usb sticks? if you tried these, you may try firmware update procedure, first you will see if configuration file was stored on usb stick(you need full(not quick!) formated to fat32, empty stick, and save there some files fron blueandme website) , if so you
may try update first 5.5,then 5.6 then language(if needed) .
Here's what I have done so far to try and get it fully functional again;

-ve battery terminal disconect (30mins)

+ve battery terminal and -ve battery terminal disconect (1hr)

Radio out and connections check (all connected)

Blue and me plug disconnected and reconnected

Proxy Alignment (could not access directory, but cured flashing mileage)

Usb fat32 full format and one song added (25min wait time for autoplay)

Different usb used but no odds or ends...

Language packs put onto usb and inserted into glove box (usb transfer complete after 45mins) but still "English Language Unavailable"

5.5 b&m software update put onto usb (all files extracted from zip) and inserted into glovebox usb port (usb transfer complete after 45mins) Still steering buttons unresponsive and audio files start autoplaying after 25mins

Configuration files extracted to usb, inserted into glove box and 45mins later, usb transfer complete but no b&m information file on usb for upload to b&m website??

What am I missing? ��
AO Member

Garage
try config/update from different usb stick?

have you checked that all settings(cant remember but they are likely somewhere i Can setup) e.g for steering wheel buttons are set right for 159 & b&m (just in case). maybe change them to stanard, do proxi and again set them for b&m + do proxi.
any errors?
(Post Link) post #17 of 20 Old 24-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
try config/update from different usb stick?

have you checked that all settings(cant remember but they are likely somewhere i Can setup) e.g for steering wheel buttons are set right for 159 & b&m (just in case). maybe change them to standard, do proxi and again set them for b&m + do proxi.
any errors?
Would the settings check for the steering wheel buttons need to be done via ECU Scan? Same goes for B&M settings, how would one change the settings to standard?

Thank you for your advice and progress in trying to resolve this, very much appreciated!
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Would the settings check for the steering wheel buttons need to be done via ECU Scan? Same goes for B&M settings, how would one change the settings to standard?

Thank you for your advice and progress in trying to resolve this, very much appreciated!
Could you please first check just in case if you have any errors, in MES in Dashbard -> Convergence Marelli/Microsoft (Blu&Me). If clear, then lets check your proxi settings in Body -> CAN Setup/Proxi Alignment Procedure.
For my 159 (after successfully adding to it front PDC, xenon and B&M) I set relvant settings like on attachd screenshot (I guess yours B&M related will be the same; you do not have Navi, do you?).
Doublecheck what are your settings Steering Wheel Buttons and Information Displayed. If they are OK, then maybe worth to try adding B&M again from scratch (since just Proxi didn't help, maybe that will do better job?). I would first 'uninstall it', so disconnect B&M connector and then in MES I would turn all to simplest/most basic config (I called that confusing way standard in previous post) so setting Steering Wheel Buttons to Not Present and Information Displayed to None and then execute Proxi. Next, I would connect B&M back, and change Steering Wheel Buttons and Information Displayed settings back to ones I have (which I think are OK also for your config).
If that helps great (anyway worth to try at this stage), as otherwise probably next step you can do is to borrow or buy (used in Poland is ~EUR30-100 depends which one) compatible B&M from somebody (must be compatible part number, not just from any 159 of the same year as may not work correctly or at all with your setup!), and check it on your car. But first things first, if this step turns needed, I will also try to help you with identifying compatible B&Ms (in case your will turn bit faulty or something).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg proxi.jpg (143.8 KB, 11 views)
(Post Link) post #19 of 20 Old 28-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Talking

Quote:
Could you please first check just in case if you have any errors, in MES in Dashbard -> Convergence Marelli/Microsoft (Blu&Me). If clear, then lets check your proxi settings in Body -> CAN Setup/Proxi Alignment Procedure.
For my 159 (after successfully adding to it front PDC, xenon and B&M) I set relvant settings like on attachd screenshot (I guess yours B&M related will be the same; you do not have Navi, do you?).
Doublecheck what are your settings Steering Wheel Buttons and Information Displayed. If they are OK, then maybe worth to try adding B&M again from scratch (since just Proxi didn't help, maybe that will do better job?). I would first 'uninstall it', so disconnect B&M connector and then in MES I would turn all to simplest/most basic config (I called that confusing way standard in previous post) so setting Steering Wheel Buttons to Not Present and Information Displayed to None and then execute Proxi. Next, I would connect B&M back, and change Steering Wheel Buttons and Information Displayed settings back to ones I have (which I think are OK also for your config).
If that helps great (anyway worth to try at this stage), as otherwise probably next step you can do is to borrow or buy (used in Poland is ~EUR30-100 depends which one) compatible B&M from somebody (must be compatible part number, not just from any 159 of the same year as may not work correctly or at all with your setup!), and check it on your car. But first things first, if this step turns needed, I will also try to help you with identifying compatible B&Ms (in case your will turn bit faulty or something).
Thank you very much for this guidance and advice!! I will have it looked at by someone who knows what they are doing and present them with this guide. I will report back soon with an update! Huge thanks.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Thank you very much for this guidance and advice!! I will have it looked at by someone who knows what they are doing and present them with this guide. I will report back soon with an update! Huge thanks.
Have you resolved your issue? If so what was the problem?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
blue , located

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page