Key in beep won't stop on Brera Q4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 12-03-16 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

Brera Q4 3.2

Key in beep won't stop on Brera Q4

Since acquiring the car a week ago, a couple of times when driving there would be a long loud beep - no warning lights or other indication of fault, just the beep. Seems to have now progressed to this - when I insert the key there is a beep for a second or two which I guess is normal, but now sometimes it doesn't stop, or if it does it will randomly start while driving. It's quite shrill - sounds a bit like a whistling. Seems to be coming from behind the lower dash on the driver's side, above the pedals. Anybody have any clues as to what this is and what the fix is?
Thanks for reading.

Ha! Have tracked the source of the beeping down to a radar jammer which I did not know had been fitted. It must have decided it didn't like being relocated to the other end of the country and packed a sad. Have disconnected it and now we have peace. My wife says it doesn't matter because she doesn't speed. My son says "but she always speeds". My apologies if I had anybody scratching their head about this.

Last edited by Davo1805; 12-03-16 at 23:56. Reason: Resolved the problem

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

beep , brera , key , stop