Rigid Boost Pipe O-Ring (for Diesels) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By richydraper

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 03-03-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Post Rigid Boost Pipe O-Ring (for Diesels)

i dont know how much of a common issue this is for 2.4 owners... a passing comment from Enzo @ Autocasa made me question if the o-ring seal at the top of the rigid boostpipe actually existed (P/N: 14464581, downstream of the intercooler, at the top on the back of the engine, as pictured, number 15)
boost o-ring1.jpg

for those who were wondering, it's under 10 from AR. better than the 150+ pipe that Enzo believed had to be ordered.

shared my findings with them, they seemed to appreciate it. thought id share it here.

seems to be same seal for all 2.4s regardless of MY.

For anyone with the 1.9... P/N: 14464586
Philjay50, giblets46 and Norph like this.

Rich

'07 159 Lusso Saloon, 2.4 JTDm, Oltremare Blue.
'99 Fiat Coupe, 2.0 20v VIS, Portofino Blue, Full Leather, Mani-Back Longlife Custom S/S Exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -kent
What's the symptoms of this failing out of interest?
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 26-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Many oils leaking from that particular place of the intake system. Possibly accompanied by a 'boost leak woosh'

I changed it in attempt to remedy a 'whistle' i have on full boost. It didnt fix it. I am now suspecting an inlet manifold gasket but need to arrange a boost leak test.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Quote:
Originally Posted by richydraper View Post
Many oils leaking from that particular place of the intake system. Possibly accompanied by a 'boost leak woosh'

I changed it in attempt to remedy a 'whistle' i have on full boost. It didnt fix it. I am now suspecting an inlet manifold gasket but need to arrange a boost leak test.
Could be a boost leak through the swirl flap pivot points. Very common. Any sign of oily residue on top of your inlet manifold points to these being the culprit. Has your inlet manifold ever been removed & split into its two component halves before?

I change loads of these O-rings, they are often brittle and don't seal too well.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 04-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
Could be a boost leak through the swirl flap pivot points. Very common. Any sign of oily residue on top of your inlet manifold points to these being the culprit. Has your inlet manifold ever been removed & split into its two component halves before?

I change loads of these O-rings, they are often brittle and don't seal too well.
Pud... im going to ask that age old question, do you have pics?

i have many oil leaks, some ive sourced, others not so much
  • Had one at vac pump gasket that i *think* ive fixed, only time will tell.
  • This rigid pipe o-ring ive replaced, it was shot, now no leaks from there.
  • The intake plastic/rubber to turbo intake rigid pipe is passing small amounts of oil (really need to have a go at tightening up the jubilee clip)
  • Oil catch can is leaking from at least the pipework at the top (i thought this may have been the source of the leak at the back side of the engine)
  • Had particulate from EGR pipework gas leak (now blanked off)
  • Theres definately oil dribbling from the back side of the engine, Motormech confirmed when she was in for 'stat replacement,
  • Oil Cooler Pipework is passing a small amount of oil

ive doused the whole motor with clutch cleaner, certainly enough to rid of any dribbles and weeps, yet the ol girl still insists in dropping oil over her underbelly and the driveway

im really struggling to find the time to do anything with her at the moment... have house projects and garage projects in the pipeline before i can get involved with cars, also a new arrival which is great but ive lost ALL my spare tinkering time.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
boost , diesels , oring , pipe , rigid

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page