159 Nothing when pressing start button - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Wiltshire

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9jtdm

Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
Actually it's very easy, I believe I posted a video of a guy doing it on his Berera. A dremel like tool will do the job nicely. All you have to do is cut a little slit, enough for a flathead screwdriver to get it out. I found that not too much strength was needed.

Then you need to cut slits in the 3 screws on the casing. You will end up with cuts in the casing it self but that doesn't matter.

I actually have an UPDATE on my situation. I got a used ECU (many thanks to Paul777!!) and between holiday and a business trip I managed to swap my electric bits to his mechanics and so far so good. Haven't drove and more critical started it a lot but it hasn't failed jet. Touch wood it stays that way.
Hey Sketcher,

Thanks for getting back to me. Thats exactly what I was thinking of doing. Think I will give it a go tomorrow. Was it awkward to get to the screws on the ecu connected to the car? I had a quick look and it doesn't look like there is much space. Good to hear your car is running well. Will have a look at that video now.
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #52 of 52 Old 14-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: UK
I strapped my ecu back with some ty-raps for now but will mount it back when I am convinced it's working permanently

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , button , pressing , start