So here it is, quick and dirty list of how to pull a 3.2 Q4 from a Brera;-
Non of this is easy, it took me 4 full weekends to do this and I have a pit in my garage.
1. Disconnect and remove battery.
2. Wait 24 hours for systems to discharge to eliminate airbag problems.
3. Drain gearbox & tranny.
4. Jack front of car and axle stand and pull drive shafts. This will take you a day!
5. Remove undertray, inner arch trim and bumper.
6. Remove crash beam and all cables/fittings.
7. Swing air con and power steering rads away, leave connected. remove cooling radiator swing fans to one side leave connected.
8. Remove inlet manifold, header tank, lambda sensor bracket all inlet pipes, airbox etc.
9. Disconnect all plugs for electric, fuel, water etc. (hundreds!!) took me a full day!! they are all different and some are very difficult to crack without breaking them.
10. Jack engine and remove OS engine mount, belt, steering pump, compressor, front manifold, power steering reservoir.
11. Crawl under and disconnect exhaust from cat. remove 2 engine mounts and prop shaft including central bearing supports.
12. Remove battery box, ecu and NS engine mount.
13. Remove alarm sounder. (gets in the way later)
14. Disconnect clutch pipe and gear shifter cables.
15. Remove rear down pipe.
16. With engine crane, take the strain and whilst rotating clockwise, lift & twist out the engine.
17. With engine half out, remove alternator, rear manifold and trapped cables.
18. Engine should be free and your garage will look like a bomb site.
Replacement is reverse of removal