New owner - 'marish turbo "lag" - SOLVED - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 13-01-16 Thread Starter
County: Newport

Member car:

159 1.9JTDM

Thumbs Up New owner - 'marish turbo "lag" - SOLVED

Hello everyone.

Compliments on a really good and useful forum folks - saved me a fortune so far !!.

I wondered if this might be of any help to anyone who has the same problem as I had recently.

I've had a 1.9 JTDM for 7 months now and covered 10,000 really quite enjoyable miles. She's done 120k overall so is not without her "problems" - most of which have been thankfully minor (but irritating for such a great car to drive - for a diesel !).

But then major problem - no power below o.8 Bar - nothing !!. Quite concerning actually. Did a forum search - not uncommon seemingly. Turbo vanes sticking ? - quite probably.

So did the Mr Muscle thing into the turbo and hey presto - I have power once more. Result.

However to top and tail it I've just done 200 miles with Archoil Turbo Cleaner in the fuel and I have to say I'm really pleased with the combined results. Smooth and powerful delivery, punchier than before. Well worth a total cost of £30 !!!.

Cheers all - can recommend it as a stop gap "fix"

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

lag , marish , owner , solved , turbo