Another shameless plug for the AHM/Gus/NJS remap - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By Evoxer
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 19-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Worcestershire
Another shameless plug for the AHM/Gus/NJS remap

Took my 159 into NJS at Pershore for the remap - after countless months of wondering if it was worth the extra cash over the "standard" high street maps.

Have to say im amazed the difference in the power delivery and the way the car drives is night and day! I had the remap and EGR disabled - left the DPF in place as ive had no issues with it and am still 50/50 on the possible MOT implications. The car pulls much better in every gear, delivery is smoother and seems to come in earlier and lag out of junctions is a thing of the past (may be related to the map or the egr or a combo of both).

The car is a 2010 2.0jtd 159 Ti. Didn't bother having it rolling roaded because im not too fussed on the exact figures, Neil reckons they produce around 210 with the remap and it definitely feels quicker although its the drive-ability that's impressed me the most. Oh and the average mpg appears to be on the up on the standard work drive to the train station.

The service from NJS was excellent, courtesy car provided, even though it was a fiat whilst they did the works and kept me up to date with the progress of the job. Was all ready to pick up at the agreed time in the afternoon.

If you thinking about this and still sat on the fence get it done.

Only negative is i may have to budget for a new clutch next year - noticed some very slight slipping in long 4th gear pulls - although the car has done 118,000 miles so imagine the clutch is probably needed anyway and the map has just highlighted it.

goram likes this.

Living, Learning and loving Alfa.
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

3 series (sorry)

Totally agree re the service provided by these guys! Not the cheapest but as always you get what you pay for. NJS used to look after my 159ti. Remap was a revelation. It gave the 2.4 engine performance that it's looks warranted. Understand your retisence around the dpf though. Mine was removed at the time which made a huge difference but it wasn't illegal at the time.
It ate a clutch and two dmfs after though!! Make sure you get a dmf at same time if you do replace the clutch.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

ahm or gus or njs , plug , remap , shameless