1st gear engaged (selespeed), but car moving backwards - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 15-11-15 Thread Starter
County: -
1st gear engaged (selespeed), but car moving backwards

I was reading through the posts, but I couldn't find anything close to what it is happening to my Alfa.

Some months ago "Check Gearbox" message started showing up, by that time the gearbox didn't let me select any speed and just remained in N. I took it to the dealer, who told me that they run a re calibration and it worked well for some months, however the alarm keeps on showing randomly.

Now the issue became worse, I engage 1st gear but the car moves backwards. The first time it happened, i was going normally in 1st gear and when i tried to shift to second gear, the gearbox took longer than normal to do the shift and then it went to third for something like a second and then went to N. I stopped the car and when engaged 1st gear and accelerate the car moved backwards, then "Check Gearbox" alarm showed again and i tried turning car off and on and the issue remained for something like 40 minutes.

The issue has shown up several times after that, but lasting less time, i.e., it goes backwards once, then i turn the car off and on and it worked well.

can anyone let me know if the same issue has happened to you?

Btw at some point my dealer has stated that one of the reason that might be raising the "Check Gearbox" alarm might be a worn out Clutch, but my car is only 25,000 Kilometers old.

Hopping that anyone can help me.

Some links of videos of the failure:
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Zilinsky
1 st. try changing the fluids.
dot 4 clutch actuation fluid 4 ml.
hydraulic oil 0.5L
2 nd.
electro-mechanical problem dealer service

link that could help:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...lic-fluid.html (Brera Selespeed Clutch Actuation Hydraulic Fluid)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

1st , backwards , car , engaged , gear , moving , selespeed