Test Drive in Brera 3.2 Q4 - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #26 of 27 Old 10-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

I'm in no hurry to get one but I'll make sure it's a good'en when I do..
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
Originally Posted by dc View Post
I'm in no hurry to get one but I'll make sure it's a good'en when I do..
Some thoughts from a former owner, for what it's worth.

These cars are really underrated by many. Had a Brera V6 Q4 for two years and really loved it. To this day, driving it out of the showroom was one of the happiest days of my life.

As others have said, don't worry about the engine. It's probably its strongest feature (apart from those stunning showcar looks).

Based on the GM powerplant sprinkled with Alfa magic dust, experienced zero problems. Mine was all OEM and sounded sensational under load.

Fuel consumption, given it's such a heavy car, was horrendous. But if it's not a Daily Driver, petrol bills less of a concern.

Had the odd electrical glitch. And that's where personally speaking, there has been a difference with my past Alfas compared to other cars owned. Still nothing to be concerned about if serviced by a good, reliable Alfa Indie.

Beautiful interior with real aluminum in the front console panel and sensational Poltrona Frau leather used by Ferrari/Maserati.

Really though, for the money, especially now, IMO, there are very few used cars to really rival it in terms of stunning looks, storied badge history and sheer exclusiveness with the horsepower and sound to match.

Only sold mine as children came along and the back seats are unfortunately useless.

My 10 cents: maybe try and buy a low mileage one in great nick with full service history, service it every 12 months and keep on top of it, wax as required and buy a nice car cover (the AR one is just sensational).

You'll really have something special to cherish.

My only regret?

Selling it.

Last edited by Classico; 10-10-15 at 19:29.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , drive , test