New 159 Owner - Annoying Squeak! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 01-10-15 Thread Starter
County: Leicestershire
New 159 Owner - Annoying Squeak!

Afternoon all

After looking for years I finally took the plunge to get a 159, and what fantastic cars they are. Absolutely loving it apart from some niggling bits.....

I had an annoying knock from the front end which has been sorted - usual worn bushes on the upper wishbone so that is all fine. However, something else has developed over the last few days which is getting noisier by the day. On driving at lower speeds and generally when the steering wheel is turning left, there is a loud high pitched squeak/squeal coming from what sounds to me the front passenger side wheel? Any ideas what this could be? Looking for any suggestions as to what I could do to resolve it because it gets quite embarrassing driving through town making that noise!

Any thoughts?

Hoping to sort this myself as hoping to avoid another garage bill! Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex
I have a similar problem in as much that I also have an annoying squeak on my 159 from the passenger side front wheel that comes and goes but is becoming more and more frequent. I only noticed this morning that it happens on acceleration and not on lift off or coasting. I had assumed it was a bush of some sort but now have doubts.

I also have what sounds like a very similar problem to yours on my GTV, I think it may have something to do with the brake shield rubbing when the wheel is turned. I have no idea if the 159 even has a brake shield though.

My Lexus, however, continues to run problem free and puts the Alfas to shame in every aspect apart from style and entertainment to drive....

Last edited by Muz; 02-10-15 at 09:48.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , annoying , owner , squeak