Power Steering Belt - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-09-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Devon
Power Steering Belt

Wonder if anyone can give me an idea.

Driving home this evening had the usual belt squeak on start up which carried on a bit longer. Didn't think anything of if till the power steering went then came back as did the battery light on the dash. Everything seemed fine then about two miles later heard a couple bangs followed by battery light and power steering gone. Pulled over engine was running fine and upon looking around looks as if the power steering belt has come off the pulley.

I've looked around the forum and was just wondering if there was any danger to the cam belt being disturbed ? Just not too sure what pulley drives what having looked at the eper diagram.

The recovery bloke drove the car on and off the truck and it sounded fine but I would just like to make sure I don't need to look into it a bit more.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
It's called the auxiliary drive belt - do a search on here for '2.4 jtd aux belt' for details.
AO Silver Member
County: Cardiff
It sounds like the bottom pulley has come apart, they are in 2 pieces joined by rubber which can separate.
If the aux belt has shredded then you need to remove the timing belt cover in case any debris has found its way in there and could cause the belt to jump

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

belt , power , steering