Alfa UK importers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 20-09-07 Thread Starter
Alfa UK importers

Anyone out there used a UK based importer to purchase an Alfa?

I'm looking to import a 159 2.4JTDM Sportwagon (maybe a ti if I can get one), and would be interested in anyone's experiences of importing.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Durham
Re: Alfa UK importers

such as auto lusso? with them you get a uk spec model, have it registered as new in the uk, enjoy the full dealer warranty and wont suffer the crazy depreciation that a normal import would. i wouldnt go with an importer if it means the car will show up as imported, only buy an import that is uk spec and wont show up as imported, its a good way to save a few quid. personally i think its far better to buy a 2 year old car, you save a fortune and avoid all the new car fault problems.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 20-09-07 Thread Starter

Thanks - I'll give them a call
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 159 2.4 TI

Hi Arkhouse

it still worth shopping around at the dealers. To get the maximum value from an importer your best not having a part exchange. Most importers will only give you the book price or below on your part ex.

The real price of changing your car is the cost to change price. Some dealers will over price your part exchange value others will only give you book price but give a reduction off the price of a new car.

dealers are more likely to offer better deals towards the end of a month if they are shy of their sales quota for the month.

when i changed my car at the start of September the difference in price was not worth mentioning by the time the price of a service and MOT which the importer wanted me to do on my part ex car prior to change was taken into account. The dealer was quite happy to take the car as was and they would take care of the MOT and service.

i noticed that your looking at the TI depending where you are i might be able to point you in the direction of a freindly dealer. The deal was right for me anyway. PM me if you want the contact info.

happy hunting

AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 ti

Auto Lusso are your boys. I have recently taken delivery of a 159 ti and the service has been fantastic. I will be going back when my wifes car is due for a change

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

alfa , importers