Tyre choice - your opinion counts! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Lancashire
Originally Posted by goram View Post
Only if the proximate cause of any incident leading to a claim was as a result of having an incorrectly sized tyre fitted.

Yes, 20+ years in insurance!
No offence goram, typing without thinking. I meant insurance geek!!
goram likes this.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
The other size is probably a lot cheaper.

The Eagle F1's are an excellent tyre by the way. they might be a little noisy, but is the price you pay for excellent grip.
AO Silver Member
County: Berkshire
Acceleras have been fine on our remapped 2.4TI - so 19" wheels, and we have been using them for about 4 years now.

I don' think that are that good in the winter, especially when wet. Anything below 4C and wet = interesting. However, with the money saved, a new set of TI alloys and winter tyres has basically been free.
AO Member
County: Worcestershire
Theres a whole thread on tyre sizing for the 159 19's found the 245's to be cheaper, quieter, wider - and therefore more grip and offer some rim protection - albeit not much.
County: East Renfrewshire
Originally Posted by PsychoTeapot View Post
Going to treat myself to some new wheels, and the seller offered ridiculously cheap tyres at the same time. Some brand called Accelera - I've never heard of them before.

Having been shod with P Zeros up to now, I'm a bit cautious to stick these budget tyres on (despite the way the Spider chews through rubber!), however cheap they are. So I'd welcome opinions as to what brands you hate and which you favour. And yes, I know it's personal choice, but there's a fair bit of negativity on PistonHeads re these Accelera's. And so I'm concerned! Please chime in....

As purchased my Brera had part worn Pirelli P Zero Neros on the rear and Acceleras on the front. No issues wet or dry, went where I pointed it. Rears needed replaced, so took the part worn Acceleras off the front (still have them) and went for Michelin Pilot Super Sports all round. Grip - awesome, wet or dry, slightly increased noise, particularly on rougher tarmac. Michelin Pilot Super Sports - recommended, PHI Acceleras - also recommended, (both tested on my favourite roundabout) nothing wrong with them, particularly at that price point.
mikeyw likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

choice , counts , opinion , tyre