2.2 JTS Brera...a few questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 28-08-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
2.2 JTS Brera...a few questions

The engine warning light came on recently on my 2009 2.2 JTS Brera, and as I'd had a few other intermittent warnings lately (alarm unavailable, parking sensors, etc.) I decided to order a licence for MultiECUscan and get the OBLink SX cable. The day before I got the cable the engine light went out! When I hooked it all up I got faults 10013 and 10014. My car had a new timing chain fitted ~9k miles ago, so I'm hoping that that is not the issue. Possibly intake/exhaust solenoid on the way out? When I had the car ticking over (800rpm) I was getting an 'injection timing' figure of ~300 degrees, but the info window said that the optimum value is 0 deg. What could be causing that? Duff crank/cam position sensor?

Another thing I saw was the the status of lambda 1 and 2 sensors post-cat were both 'open loop'. The info window gave me the impression that this was not correct.

Finally, while listening with the door open and bonnet up, I could hear a quiet knocking that I hadn't noticed before, but I can't pin-point it. I think it was coming from the back of the engine, not the belts area. Bugger. Could that be clutch bearing?

Car has done 56k miles.
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 6 Old 29-08-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 29-08-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
If someone could post what they see reported for injection timing, and also lambda 1 & 2 status, it would be much appreciated. Ta.
AO Platinum Member
County: Riviera
It is normally the timing chain or the cam phase solenoids on the 2.2s

Anyone ?
AO Silver Member
County: St. Petersburg
Not sure for 5-digit fault codes.
P0013/P0014 - intake ( closed to front ) solenoid is to be replaced. Or washed good first at least.
This problem may be easily noticed with car behaviour since twin-phaser does not work.
159"er with P0013/P0014 failure looks like Opel.
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

My 2.2 Brera supposedly had a whole new timing chain assembly fitted about 9 months before I bought it yet it needed doing again soon after I bought it. Autolusso solved the problem by changing a camshaft variator along with the rest of the timing chain bits and pieces.

I couldn't even go back to the Alfa main dealer who did the first chain as they had gone out of business by then...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

breraa , jts , questions