159 1.8mpi oil pressure - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 21-08-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
159 1.8mpi oil pressure

Hello chaps,

After literally years I've finally got myself a 159 and am back in Alfaland!

Very happy with the car, except something odd is going on with the oil pressure since it was serviced yesterday by my local indy ; despite showing full oil on the display level check and visually checking the oil (loads on dipstick up to max) , I'm getting the oil pressure low message at startup usually when the engine is warm.

It didn't do it from a cold start overnight, the car has been driving spot- on otherwise and the message hasn't been coming on at any other time!

So am I looking at a sensor fault or is something more sinister on the cards? Car rattles slightly on start up sounds like the valve timing variator noise my old 147 twin spark used to make. My model is a 58 plate 1.8mpi, I know it's a pure GM unit used in vectras/ insignia etc. and they are known for issues with the vvt solenoids going wonky now and again. Really concerned something serious might be wrong: (

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , 18mpi , oil , pressure