my first 5000 miles /8000 km on a 159 SW 1.9JTDm - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 01-09-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Østfold
my first 5000 miles /8000 km on a 159 SW 1.9JTDm

Since this was a post I was looking for at the time of my buying decision, here it goes, for the benefit of future buyers...

Built quality: very good, no complaints so far. I was concerned about this, since it was going to be either this one or an Audi A4 Avant, which I've driven many times and know pretty well for its reliability. The Alfa stands up well in this comparison with the German quality, even if the assembling is, if I'm objective, maybe a tad bit inferior in terms of perception. Sound isolation is superior to most of the cars I've driven, including the Audi. There is to report only a mild rattling noise from the windscreen, which I will ask them to have a look with the first service, but it really doesn't bother me so much.

Body/Handling: it's absolutely superb, considering the weight and size of this baby. It manages every curve without hesitation, with a nice sporty suspension as you would expect from an Alfa.

Engine: the best thing about this car, is its behaviour. It kicks its power after 2000rpm and asks for more. It surpasses any expectations for a SW with "only" 1.9JTD and 150 hp (i would have gone for the 2.4 if I could afford it...). It is addictive to drive it.

Design: it's by far the most beautiful SW in its class. But everybody knows that. I bought it in red, even though I'm not a red sports car kind of guy. It's an Alfa, I justified to myself. The tan leather interior sits in perfectly.

Overall: I think Alfa might have got it right this time. I am an extremely satisfied first-time Alfa-enthusiast.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: South Lanarkshire
Re: my first 5000 miles /8000 km on a 159 SW 1.9JTDm

Good man. I think this is the rule rather than the exception. It is a great car, even if that seems hard to believe from reading a lot of posts on the forum. My car is easily the most pleasurable I've ever owned, and it's my fourth Alfa.

Can you post your opinions here please:

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , 19jtdm , 5000 , miles , or 8000