Pioneer Fitment to Brera - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 05-07-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Northamptonshire
Pioneer Fitment to Brera

I have attempted to have a little gander around and get a definitive answer to my question but I just don't seem to be able to find it.

I have bought a Pioneer unit for my '07 Brera along with CTSAR002P cable. Pioneer unit is linked here.

Other than cosmetic things, is that all I need to get it working? I have the SatNav unit so I am aware the whole will be larger, but I also have the Bose sub in the back and wasn't sure if I need some sort of converter or something for the audio to work? I had a quick look and the connectors definitely look different, if I do need something extra could someone point me in the right direction?

↳ Brera - 3.2 V6 - SV Q4 - Misano Blue - NOW LOUDER
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
Have a read of this thread, but think you are right in terms of plugs (Can someone do a guide on "HOW TO INSTALL AFTERMARKET HU IN A 159/BRERA" Please)

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
You will need a +VE trigger to the Bose Amp that becomes live when you turn on the Pioneer unit. Most good quality units have them.

Your lead doesn't appear to have this option. Does the player? An alternative is to find a "switched live" and use that.

Problem is Bose is not standard fitment. Not sure how well Pioneer will work through Bose Amp. I have just fitted a Chinese Android to my son's Bose 147 and after figuring out it needed a trigger for the amp it does work well so you should be OK. Be careful with the volume control until you know you aren't going to blow the amp. My son's unit is only 25W if yours is more and you turn it up loud the amp and speakers may object.

The other thing you will probably need to fine tune is the low frequency. The Bose amp and sub is designed for the standard unit and speakers. It may need fine tuning of the equaliser to get the sound you want with the new head unit.

Does that lead also include canbus connector or adaptor for steering wheel controls (SWC) as it doesn't appear to. Does the pioneer have input for SWC and is that input on the Pioneer unit analogue or canbus?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , fitment , pioneer