So over the last week I have had the absolute test of this mod and can confirm its 100% fixed the squeek issues and NOT weekend the arms in any way
I'll start at the begining.....
A couple of weeks ago, a few of us like minded fools drove to the Nurburg ring in convoy via Reims in France. Including a few aggressive laps of the ring we are talking a 1000 mile weekend of high speed punishment that has tested the strength of the upper arms.
So last week my bushes started to squeek really badly. So badly that everytime I turned the wheel it sounded exactly like this:
Although not the same issue it was ideintical in noise and movement so you can understand it was not ideal! people would turn and stair for all the wrong reasons while it was being driven!!
Fearing the worst I thought the rack had gone so set about checking fluids, resovouirs and checking the cost of replacement units
But after a week of diagnosing the rack I established it was fine and moved onto the bushes....
I initially tried to greese them using the standard multi-purpose grease I had always been using just by jacking it up and forcing it in like before. This made it a little quieter but had not at all fixed it. Given this ais all I had done before to quiet it down I was less than pleased at this point.
So I thought I should try and clean it all up a little first as it was a right mess of dirt and greese. I used the jet washer to thoroughly clean the bushes and upper arm joints, then used brake parts cleaner to get rid of the last of it then used a water displacing penetrant to finish the job.
I re-applied the normal greese and it was no better. At this stage I thought it was a no go mod and that it was all a waste of time
Not content with such an outcome I decided to get a little more involved in the problem so I jacked her up again, cleaned off the joints again as before and took both front wheels off.
I then switched the greese in my gun from multi-purpose greese to copper greese (seems be be better favoured for the Powerflex) and slackened off the upper arm bolts to ensure that the greese could get all the way into the bush.
When I applied it this time the greese oozed out of both ends of the bush rather than just one end as before so this seemed much more promising.
A quick blast around the block after it was all put back together and its smooth as silk and quiet as a mouse without the squeek!
That as they say is a result