Brera window regulator adjustment - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 28-05-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
Brera window regulator adjustment

I've just fitted a non OEM (Lift System) replacement regulator as gearbox on mine failed. having read the other posts on thesed, I seem to have the same part as others - the bottom fixings are captive nuts not studs and the window sits about 8mm too low at full raise position.

I will need to pack out the window as others have done, but a bigger problem is that I'm struggling to get it aligned /working properly. I think the motor or mechanism might be faulty as it is slow when raising the window with the door card and felt/rubber trim removed and, when I fully refit them, it only gets 1/2 way up and then the anti-pinch kicks in.

I've tried moving the bottom runner adjustments all over the place, can't seem to get it running smoother.
Before I send the part back as faulty (and work out how I can prop my window in place without it as I binned the old one!), can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong setting it up and what I can try to get it running smoother?

07 3.2 Q4 SV Brera alfa red --- previously '99 156 2.5 V6 for 9.5 years
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

Yeah I did the same as you. Bought a non-alfa replacement (might even be the same on) and fitted it.

I found its slow if the car engine is off, once the engine is on its quicker. Also, silicon on the rubber bits, as in the rubber bits the window slides in helps massively.

But mine is also slow, dont think its an issue.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 29-05-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
Thanks Daman.

I've sprayed silicon on the front edge rubber inside the door and the rubbing strips along the top of the door where the window enters, didn't see any at the rear - one of the things I need to check out when I take it apart again.

I sprayed silicon on the felt strips along the top of the door where the window enters - not sure if that helped or caused friction tho!

Fitting the door card really made it struggle and with the door closed it can't go all the way up.

I've noticed that the top of the window is also leaning 7 or 8 mm too far in towards the car, as I need to pack up the window I'm hoping that will bring it more upright. If not I think the bend in the runners must be too grea, but I'm not going to mess with that.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

adjustment , brera , regulator , window