Suspension for 159 SW TI 2.0 JTD - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 26-05-15 Thread Starter
County: Copenhagen
Suspension for 159 SW TI 2.0 JTD

I have recently bought a 159 SW TI 2.0 JTD. The car is one of the last off the belt - late 2011. 60.000 km and in very good condition, and has been through a 3rd party thorough check. Summer wheels: standard 19” rims with Pzero Nero, Winter wheels: 18” Conti. In general I like the car, particularly after it has been chip tuned – wow what a difference. But….

I am disappointed with the ride. It is nice and firm and turns well, but does not react to/absorb road bumps well. I thought maybe it was related to the winter wheels (I have only used summer wheels this spring), but not really. It feels jumpy, especially the front. I have played around with tire pressure, but not much better. Now, I do know that firm suspensions are..…firm. I like that, to a point of course. I have had a GTV 3.0, Mito QV, Giulietta Sports suspension and also a 156 SW 2.0 JTS with suspension upgrade. In that case, it was standard Alfa sports springs (lowered 20 mm) and Koni FSD’s. That changed the car completely and I loved the result.

What would be the best suspension upgrade for me ? I am not looking for firmer or lower than the current TI set up. I was happy with Koni FSD, but that was a different car. I am open to suggestions – I am not set on a specific budget. Primary use of the car is highway driving.

A good recommendation ?

I know, that there are lots of threads regarding suspension, and have read a lot of them, but I don’t see any relating to the 2,0 JTD. Since weight distribution is important and personal preferences (mine!) differ, I thought it would be OK with this posting.

Last edited by Ulrik; 26-05-15 at 11:16.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
Have a look at this thread for a few options: (159 TI Suspension Upgrade Advice)

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Buy my kw variant kit off me it's brand new still in the box!
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire
Hi Josh,
I'm surprised you've not managed to offload the KW's yet. Might be worth putting the model reference up of the V1's you have as springs change between engine type and saloon or Sportwagon. As much as you might wanna sell them, you prob don't need a buyer telling you they're the wrong kit after money has changed hands.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , jtd , suspension