Aux in for Alfa 159 MY2006 - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

AO Member

County: Slovakia
Yup, could be different.... mineīs 159 production date is 2006/06/30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Warwickshire
I bought the yellow mini iso cable with RJA. I couldn't just add the brown pin to the new block because there were a lot wires so I just did a straight swap. The Aux. worked fine when I selected Media but obviously the blue&me didn't work.

The blue mini iso had not pins used and by the looks of it had spare audio outputs so this will be my next investigation.

I also had a spare USB behind the radio. I tried plugging in the USB stick with music into it and it appeared to work just like the one in the glove box. Any idea what this USB is used for?

Alfa Romeo gift and curse in the best possible way
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage
I have the cable somewhere at home. When I found out I had to swap a wire over I just used the iPod/changer cable I used in my previous GT. If required you can then get a cheap adaptor which converts 30pin Apple to Lightening. Break off the lightening connector if you must and you have 3.5mm headphone plug

Easy for me as I had the aforementioned cable which tend to be a bit more expensive than the AUX cable.

AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_The_Spider View Post
I also had a spare USB behind the radio. I tried plugging in the USB stick with music into it and it appeared to work just like the one in the glove box. Any idea what this USB is used for?
It's the on-board B&M one for updating software.
AO Member

County: -
Just did this, with the Celsus tool as listed in the OP - but without replacing the brown cable. I simply removed the yellow pit, put in the new part that came with the Celsus tool, and noticed that CD, radio and AUX all worked out nicely. Pulled the cable nicely and hidden in the list on the passer foot well and it's working magnificent - all in all, a 5-minute job. Thanks!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 , alfa , aux , my2006