Air conditioning issue - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 13-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Harjumaa (Tallinn)

Member car:

Air conditioning issue

I have a '06 159 2.2 JTS.
I'm new to Alfas and perhaps i'm overthinking but I have the following issue:

In full auto mode the AC turns on even when it's below zero temperatures outside. It is strange because i want to get warm not the other way around.

Also in full auto mode the AC sporadically sometimes cools the air and then heats the air so it can be felt. As in uncomfortably. Eg you want to cool yourself since the sun is shining straight on you and all of a sudden the AC decides it too cold and turns the heater full on.

In mono mode it doesn't matter if it is set to 16 C or 32 C it feels as though the heat coming from the vents is the exact same temerature. It start actually cooling only when i set below 16 to LO setting.

Maybe i'm using the thing wrong or something. Can't put a finger on it. The AC system has been recently refilled too. I doesn't bother me much. But it would suc if there is a bigger fault here.

Anyways... I'm hoping that you guys who have more experience with 159's can give me some ideas what to look for or explain how the system must react the right way.

I'm living in the northern part of Europe so winters are cold (down to -25 C) and the summers are hot (up to 25 C)... At the moment it's about +4 C in the mornings and +10 C in the evenings... Maybe that has something to do with it...

All the best,
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

Not sure if it will fix it entirely but it would be worth cleaning the little gate at the bottom left corner of the AC panel. I believe that this is where it measures the temperature so if it's clogged up with dust it could give false readings
AO Platinum Member
County: Riviera
Originally Posted by Uriziel View Post

It start actually cooling only when i set below 16 to LO setting.

This is indicative of a faulty internal temperature sensor.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

air , conditioning , issue