Getting a re-map done. Do I need DPF delete if it's been drilled? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 10-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: -
Getting a re-map done. Do I need DPF delete if it's been drilled?

As the title suggests, I'm getting a remap done next week.

I already have an egr blanking plate and currently use a Fixit San dongle to prevent any dash warning lights.

With a drilled DPF, do I need to have a DPF delete or what are advantages/disadvantages?

Again, will the egr blanking plate affect an egr delete?

Thinking of making sure the DPF is drilled/cored up to the CAT for maximum free flow.

Thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
Yes you would, or it will smoke terribly every time it regens, will not be able to tell the regen has finished either. Quite a few threads on this Already

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!
AO Member
County: Lancashire
An EGR Delete will work great with the blanking plate. The DPF regen function is what you need to get rid of, not sure if the diferential pressure sensor systems will ever activate the regen. However the delete will work with either a cored or straight pipe DPF mod. You will be able to sell your fixitsan dongle, you will no longer need it as the remap will delete the entire EGR loop.

Where are you planning to get the remap? I went to Gus at Alfatune in St Helens, Merseyside. My 1.9 JTDm 16v is like a different car. Responsive, powerful and more economical. It was a "good one" prior to the remap, a pre-remap 500 mile roundtrip to the south returned 50mpg, last weekend, post remap, that rose to 60mpg, I am now getting 700 miles per fillup on mixed driving, 45mpg

Best of all worlds, performance, economy and looks to kill.
AO Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

159 2.0JTDm SW

Same here,
Recently had my 1.9 mapped and it's made a massive improvement,

Faster, More responsive, Better fuel economy.

No negatives at all.

I was also using a FixitSan dongle before my remap, thats now been sold on eBay where I got over 40 for it, so factor that into the cost of your remap and it's a no brainer.....

AO Member
County: Vaud
Hi all,
Is it really necessary to remap (to avoid fault errors on dashboard) a 159 2.4 (200hp) after removing the DPF?
My problem is that I've already a powerbox and I don't want to spend more money on that. If the fault error appears only when it tries to regen, that's no problem because I can delete with FiatEcuScan until the nest regeneration! The real problem is that the fault error stays in the dashboard all the time, like that it would be impossible to escape to the complicated issues in the periodic controls and to be forced to get a new DPF to allow using the car on the roads. Can anyone help and advise me the best way?
Thanks in advance!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

delete , dpf , drilled , remap