159 SW boot liners - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 06-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater London
159 SW boot liners

Can someone please explain to me the difference between these two boot liners?

Are there two different SW boot styles? How do I tell which one I have/need?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Lancashire
I've got two now, a genuine Alfa one and an aftermarket one. Neither is perfect for my car so I'm still looking.

The genuine Alfa one had the logo on it and has extra wider sections on the sides at the back of the car. If you've got a 10 disc CD player the area this extension fits into can be removed, leaving a return edge. The other side doesn't have this removable section so if you've got Bose it won't fit.

The aftermarket one has straight sides like the two in your pictures but the one I got isn't an exact fit and looks disappointing but will do the job it's supposed to!

If you haven't got Bose then the one I have will fit properly and, if you've got a 10 disc CD player it can be trimmed to fit. Open to offers!

But I've got a 159 and if you've got a 156 then ignore me!

AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire
I keep meaning to make a cardboard template of the boot area, take it to my local carpet shop and get a lovely deep pile rug cut and bound. It's be much easier to clean than the crumb catching material they use in the boot.
AO Silver Member
County: Dorset
The difference depend what plate is your car. I use to own a 159 SW Ti 1.9 58 plate which I sold a few weeks ago and recently purchase a 159 SW Ti 2.4 on a 08 plate. Now I did notice two things is that one the later plate (58) has the isofix fixing sits higher where the isofix label is and the boot liner flat all the way to the back of the rear seats. But my current 159 the isofix is lower between the back and bottom of the seats aswell as the boot liner has a step up towards the back.

Going back to your question the first link late 2008 onwards and the second link is probably 2006 to early 2008.

Present *Alfa 159 2.4Ti SW Qtronic *Alfa GT 3.2 V6

Past *Alfa 159 2.4Ti SW *Alfa 159 1.9Ti SW *Alfa 147 JTD 16V *Alfa 147 2.0L 5 Door Lusso Vinyl Wrap Gloss White Zender 147 *Alfa 147 1.6L 3 Door Turismo
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 12-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater London
Thank you for this very clear explanation! And thanks for the car - she has been mildly remapped and has just got back from a glorious week driving around twisty roads in Wales...!
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
Also there are options for if your car comes with a full size spare wheel or no wheel (as is the case in some countries).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , boot , liners