2.0 jtdm 170 engine help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 03-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South East
2.0 jtdm 170 engine help

Hi guys

I am picking up my first Alfa next week. Thanks for all your help and advice so far.

I know this sort of question has been asked before as I have been doing a lot for reading but so far there seams to be no answer.

How can I get hold of workshop data for this engine. What do dealers/Indies use I don't just mean free I am happy to pay if it is what I want.

All free version of elearn don't seem to have it so is there a more uptodate paid version.

Can I buy a manual for another car eg. Haynes for the astra. that uses the same engine or is this not a good idea.

Any help or pointers much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Good luck... I have the same problem so will watch with interest .

I assume that the engine in the Astra you are referring to is the Insignia 2.0 CDTI unit made by Fiat powertrain technologies from 2009-2011, has the same size as the Alfa at 1956cc, runs the Bosch EDC17 ECU and develops 157bhp as standard?? It can't be entirely identical because the power outputs are somewhat better in the Alfa??

My car has had the engine reworked by Gus, but I would be reluctant to go beyond the 210bhp claimed for my car as if you stick on a bigger turbo it would probably eating your puny transmission and your clutch and gearbox would be screwed.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 04-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South East
What do you guys use to work on your 2.0 jtdm. Is it close enough to the 1.9 16v that I can use the elearn for the1.9 without screwing the car up?

Hope someone can help.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1398
The main difference on the 2.0 is the dpf egr setup. You will be fine with 1.9 listing on elearn. Don't forget you also have the ao community to help

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

170 , engine , jtdm