159 lowering kit ? anyone done this? help pls. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 06-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
159 lowering kit ? anyone done this? help pls.

Love my new 159

Went for the 18" wheels but now i've seen the Ti model i realise how high in the arches my car is..

I really don't like the 19" wheels on the Ti but like the full arch look, I have found a garage local to me that can fit the spring kit but he has said to make sure i get a kit that is the same 'spring rate' just lower as i dont want a really hard ride or to mess up the anti crash/skid electronics stuff on the car.

ANY advise on how much to lower, best spring kit etc would be greatly appreciated. seen kits that are 20 to 40mm lower.

I guess plenty of you guys have lowered 156, 147 etc so experiences from that would be handy if nobody has done a 159.

help ...
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

Re: 159 lowering kit ? anyone done this? help pls.

i don't have a 159, but i would recommend Eibach Pro Kit springs if you want a spring kit. ideally, perform a damper change as well, say to KONI Sport or FSD, or Bilstein.

other suitable brands are H&R and Novitec for springs.

alfa have often/typically used Eibach springs for their factory lowered cars. i'd hazard a guess that the Ti uses them. but alfa will have them painted black instead of the usual Eibach red.

AO Gold Member
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Re: 159 lowering kit ? anyone done this? help pls.

You could buy a set of TI springs and match these up with a good set of dampers.

Using stiffer and lowered springs, big alloys and a big V6 engine on standard dampers doesn't usually give good results - much better to spend on good dampers too. The 156 has very poor dampers but it could be that Alfa have finally figured out how to get dampers that work.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , kit , lowering , pls