What should I do next? (159 2.4 smokey start, lumpy idle)
I've been trying to solve the smokey start of my 2.4 and the lumpy idle. What is the next thing I should try, none of the following have worked...
1. Replaced glow plugs
2. Replaced glow plug relay
3. Reseated injectors with new copper washers
4. Used Shell Nitro Plus
5. Several tanks with Millers Eco Diesel Additive
6. A tank with a can of BG244
7. Italian tune-up
...so what now?
1. ECU cold start update? (If so who can do this, I am in Nottingham)
2. More aggressive attempt to remove soot deposits? (If so what and who)
3. Something else?
The car only has 61k on the clock, so was hoping for a few more miles out of the old beast.
Last edited by nathon_chiry; 23-03-15 at 22:32.