Solid Alfa 159 for sale. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 20-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Midlands
Solid Alfa 159 for sale.

If you are looking for a solid 159 1,9 JTDM LUSSO I have one that I wish I could keep but it makes no sense as I have moved to Sweden and registering it here and converting the lamps etc will cost a fair bit, then insuring it will be more costly too because it will be classed as an import.

I've had the car about a year, and it's my third Alfa. When I bought it I had new brake pads all round and in September last year it had: A brand new turbo, new tyres all round along with new parking sensors being replaced. Since that work it has done about 2000 miles driving it across to and around Sweden. All the work was done by Enzo at Autocasa in Coventry. Obviously it had a complete oil and filter service when the turbo was done (the turbo blew which made this inevitable!)

It has also had a new bonnet and a new front bumper last August after my friend's wife reversed her Freelander in to it on their drive, the damage was literally cosmetic but the repair shop say it's cheaper to paint and fit new parts than repair the old ones and as it was all done on her insurance who was I to argue?! There are two sets of photos on my facebook that I have linked below. One set that show the 18" horseshoe wheels but these were taken when I first bought the car and do not show the new bodywork. The pictures with the brand new spoked 16" winter wheels (required by law here in Sweden) were taken last weekend, you can see the car isn't clean but the bumper and bonnet are chip free!

It has just over 15500 miles on the clock and the previous owner changed the cambelt at just over 90,000 miles.

The car is superb, but it is right hand drive and so if I can sell it at a decent price it just makes more sense than converting and registering here. I want 2600 which is higher than any at that mileage on Autotrader but with a brand new turbo the new owner has literally nothing to worry about for many years to come!

On a run to Norway last weekend it averaged well over 50MPG (the speed limits in Norway are very low and they enforce them HARD!)

The car will come with both sets of wheels. The tyres on the 18" set were new 2000 miles ago, the set on the 16" spoked winter set have winter tyres on that have less than 1000 miles on them. The MOT is valid till late August 2015.

If you are interested please reply in the thread or drop me a PM. Pictures are available at:

Oh, obviously I will deliver the car back to the UK!

Last edited by ML Spider; 20-03-15 at 09:11.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , alfa , sale , solid