Body Computer? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Tyrone
Most people here are dealing with the remote fob issue. From your first post I believe you may have more than one issue. The random error messages on startup can be caused by a weak car battery. When the starter turns the voltage drops on a weak battery causing some sensors to be misread back to the ecu which in turn causes the random messages. The remote boot release and various other issues described with remote control are likely to be fob related and not car related.
Sponsored Links
Originally Posted by LukeyC View Post
OK so we have a new development that points to an electrical short of some kind..

I drove home from work yesterday, opened drivers door, got out the car, went to touch the door to close it and got a quite a large static shock.

At the exact moment of the shock, I heard the boot release go (even over my girly yelp!)

Having already fitted a new battery earthing cable, where do I need to look next!?
Is anyone able to comment on this? I'm still getting shocks after most car journeys, but the boot doesn't always trigger as a result.

Needless to say this is driving me insane!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

body , computer