Engine failure - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 22-02-15 Thread Starter
County: Budapest
Engine failure

God damn it. Dudes I have a real big problem.I ve spent more than 4000 euros so far for this machine. I love my car so much but I am fed up with it. Finally he made his last surprise yesterday night.I ve spent more than 4000 euros so far for this machine. I love my car so much but I am fed up with it. Finally he made his last surprise yesterday night.It was 141000 kilometers when I bought it. Now it is approximately 155000 and he has burned liters of oil for the last 7000 kilometers. Plenty of black smoke and all other things to prove that engine is about to die.
Finally I heard a terrible noise in the engine last night and I shot engine down. My black angel was carried by a truck and I am waiting for the result. Experts say that engine needs a renewal or I need to buy a new one. Which will be better for me I have no idea. What I know is that I feel awful and I donno how much more I have to pay for this car.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Norrbotten
New car means new problems, maybe.

Depends how much you feel for the car, and how is it in shape else? I'd let the dealer take a better look on suspension, wheels, bushes and all that. If nothing leaks and only the engine needs replacing maybe you should look into a exchange engine?

Alfa Romeo Ersatzteile - Italia Ricambi - Motor Alfa 159 (939) 1.9 JTS AT71792175
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 159sw

Save the Alfa and your money - sell it, and make sure that buyer is not an idiot who burns liters of oil for 7000km and later gets fed up when engine blows
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
What did you spend the €4k on? If your car was emitting black smoke and the garage failed to fix it, I would be furious, or €4k buying the car in which case, they sold you a faulty car an should have fixed it for free.

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

engine , failure