AO Gold Member
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Changing nappies.....
Re: Newsflash: Mel Bonkers About To Receive His 159 Sportwagon!!!!!
Ah, I had my first day with my new love....eeh....bella.
Guys, I have no words to express how glad I am to be back in an Alfa. I'm VERY thankfull for that!
The delivery of my bella went really well. My little brother saw two small scratches (as thin as a hair) on the fuelcap. The dealer offered me to polish them. However, they found out that the scratches were IN the metallic paint just UNDER the topcoating. I got to choose either to let them repaint the cap.....or get a free exhaust tip. I chose the latter. I guess becoming older makes me become less perfectionitic
My first impressions after one day of driving:
- The looks (what else's new)
- The colour
- The interior
- Blue&Me: my god I never thought microsoft could make such a brilliant system work. It's really really stunning! The system even recognized my command to call my brother. I pronounced my brothers FULL NAME and it recognized it! That's really really impressive knowing my brothers name
- The build quality
- The size of the car: it's HUGE!
- The boot: Alfa is making practical cars nowadays
- The pivoting system on the seats
- The ride! The ride! The ride! The ride! The ride! Oh man, the ride! My God the ride! It's F-A-B-U-L-A-S-T-I-C-A-L-Y-M-A-J-E-S-T-I-C-A-L-L-Y!
- The red cozy Alfa ambientlight in the interior.
- I could go on and on and on and on!
- The isolation of the car is simply too good. I don't hear ANY noise from the outside, comparing to my bella 147
I also found some small issues that I'll have the dealer to look at:
- I feel like the steering is just out of centre. When I'm driving straight I feel that I have to correct the car constantly by steering slightly to the left.
- I found a small spot on the right back door where it looks like the paint UNDERNEATH the topcoating hasn't covered as thick as the rest of the door. The spot doesn't show, unless you know it's there. I didn't spot it at the dealer as it was raining and then you can't see the spot.
- I found a very small scratch on the aluminium centre console. I'm not fuzzy about this, but maybe they can have a look at it.
I will take pictures later, however I don't have time this weekend. Keep an eye on this thread
I don't need no one to tell me about heaven, I look at my son and daughter and I believe.
Quote of the month: "Extremist ideas bring NON-tolerance as a result, because people having their face stuck up so deep in their Ar5e that they can't smell nor are interested in other's 5hit!"