159 Electrical Power Consumption - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 19-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Devon
159 Electrical Power Consumption

I'm about to order my third battery in 7 years for my 159 2.4 Ti diesel which seems to be par for the course having read a few posts on batteries. I have found that if I leave the vehicle for 2 -3 weeks the battery goes flat so I was wondering about current usage and whether anyone has a power consumption table for the vehicle when parked up. I have found that with the car not running but not locked and the bonnet up, current usage plateaus to around 100mA (after the car has recalibrated its various controls) - when I removed fuse F23 (Audio, Blue & Me etc) usage dropped to 70 mA - I have an after market audio setup so this didn't surprise me at all. In an earlier thread it was suggested that locking the car with the key doesn't activate the alarm system - I can't find any other reference to this, so can someone confirm this and has anybody go practical experience of doing this or any other idea that might reduce power usage without disabling the car?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , consumption , electrical , power