159 JTDm Q4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 12-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
159 JTDm Q4

Is there any news on when a JTD Q4 is available and what the specs are like, Looking on the Alfa site it would appear to only come in a saloon and specced at a 2k bump over a Lusso, anyone know if it has an extras over a Lusso beyond the drivetrain?

The missus gets discount on fiat group cars and we were thinking of a 159SW with the 5cyl JTD engine, the Q4 is listed as 210bhp on the saloon but theres no mention of its economy or performance or whether Q4 is available on the SW?

I was wondering what sort of impact Q4 would have on performance and economy of a diesel and if it would come in SW, would be handy for towing.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: 159 JTDm Q4

Hi Sandy, I think I read elsewhere on AO that the Q4 will reduce the power to the wheels by about 30-35% but the obvious benefit would be the significantly increased traction. I would guess therefore that the performance would be reduced although the extra 10bhp would offset that a bit. Also, I would expect the economy to be reduced. On that note, after 13K on mine, with a fill to fill run taking in a mixture of motorway and B roads, mine is now averaging 39.5 mpg (although the trip calculates it as 37mpg).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , jtdm