My '06 159 2.4 JTDM 200 has only 40000 miles, but since the car has only done city miles with his first owner, I'd got to resolve some things that usually need attention with more miles:
- Injectors out for cleaning and calibration (nozzles substituted) and 1 injector substitution (reconditioned one);
- DPF and EGR delete;
- Inlet manifold cleaned and swirl flaps deactivated (they are still there but since they hadn't got any looseness, they were fixed in open mode);
- changed thermostat;
- Got a bunch of software updates
- Changed cambelt and bearings in warranty because the old one (5000 miles) was giving me a strange noise that proven to be a damaged bearing;
- complete flush of Q-tronic oil;
- changed to Millers 5w40 oil.
I've been using premium diesel (BP and Repsol) and Millers diesel ecomax.
The engine pulls good (I still haven't remaped it), very little smoke, and mileage varying from 35 to 21mpg (only city traffic).
What I feel is that sometimes, mainly when idling, the engine seems rougher, with more vibrations felt inside the car. Other times the engine runs so smooth that it reminds me a petrol engine
This is mainly felt when the engine is in normal temperature.
I've discovered that I have my injector wrongly code in ECU, and I'm going to correct this. But what freaks me out is that this behavior is not constant!
Have you got any ideas about this?
Thank you in advance!