So my little Mito QV is falling to bits due to my neglect. I hit the rear passenger wheel arch of my garage in July '13 and haven't been able to afford to get it fixed until now but now there is a list of things needing done such as:
1) Most of the car needs repainted/polished to get all the scrapes out
2) There is a little ding on the passenger door due too a possible collision with a supermarket trolley
3) One of my alloys has a slight buckle in it
4) All need to have a refurb/powdercoat due to kerbing (I have to drive up a narrow hill where morons in there stupid 4x4s drive down the middle of the road forcing you into said kerb or hedge)
5) Callipers need repainting
6) Skin has rusted of the back box making it hang down and look unsightly
7) Sometimes struggle to get it into 1st/reverse gear when it's cold
8) Screeches reversing up hill
9) Suspension makes funny noises when getting in and out of the car
10) Engine ticks something terrible http://youtu.be/6NCUXqUl634
Wow didn't realise how many problems I have
So... do I try and get some more money together to sort all these problems sorted or do I trade it in for a Brera, 159 or a GT????
Leaning towards a Brera S 2.2 engine (Pro Drive) always loved the look of them and was tempted by the Pro Drive a few years ago. Here's the problem though, I will be using my car to travel around 190 odd miles a week between September and April (I play ice hockey) usually during the summer I'll use my motorbike alot unless it's raining. So that makes me wonder if I should get a diesel instead but I've only ever tried 2 diesels (tried a Mito at Knockhill few yeas ago and hired a diesel Astra few months back) Would love a V6 but I'm not made of money.
So what should I do? What car to go for? What engine?
I'm not keen on the GTs interior so that's ruled out. I still love the Brera (don't really need back seats) but I know there is a lot of folk who hate the 2.2 engine so that leaves the 159 diesel.
Please can someone help me choose? Going to head up to Western Edinburgh tomorrow to have a wee look/test drive but still too undecided.