Alfa 2.2 JTS change gearbox-remaping ECU - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 21-01-15 Thread Starter
County: Cuanza Norte

Member car:

alfa 156

Alfa 2.2 JTS change gearbox-remaping ECU

I have an Alfa 2.2 JTS and after a time since a bought the car in 2013 the gearbox start to make bearing I decided to change it with other M32 gearbox....but different gear rations...
The gearbox is much better because it has longer gears and is very nice to drive it, but after some time I observe that the Cruise Control is not working in the 6-th gear....the car is working nice, pulling and speeding very fast....but.....
...after I put the car on the computer I've seen that the ECU is not recognizing the correct gears because of the different gear ration from the new gearbox...
So I went to the Alfa Romeo dealer from my area,I'm from Denmark...and they said that they can not do anything about it because the ECU and the ASR is connected together and the speed that ABS sees is not the one that the map is showing it should have in that RPM's...and there the problem comes...
I mention that the car is working problems....
Can somebody tell me more details how can i resolve my problem ?....but without change the original gearbox back...
Or maybe more details about how can I modify the map from ECU that will fix my problem.
Thank you.

Last edited by fgrigore; 22-01-15 at 04:53.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

alfa , change , ecu , gearboxremaping , jts