What else might go wrong with my 159!?
Bit of background...
its a '08 1.9jtdm 159sw
I bought it at approx 2yrs and 14k, at the time I was doing 20-30k pa
Then I got a new job, and now its only used at weekends and i do about 6k pa
Its now at about 80k and I recently had the cam belt done.
Up until about 6mts ago its been pretty good, now loads seems to be going wrong...
1) a window control thing (technical i know!) failed leaving a window open
2) the external temp sensor went, meaning that the AC wouldn't work properly
3) the battery needed changing
4) it didn't start one morning, turned out was a clogged EGR, needed cleaning & inlet manifold
all by themselves not a big deal... then
5) Knocking from gearbox when pulling up to a stop - New DMF & clutch
6) then gearbox locked and stranded me - recon gearbox required
getting annoyed now but hopefully the end of the problems... what else can go wrong!
7) glow plug warning lights show up, & reoccurring EGR symptoms - new glow plugs and new EGR fitted today
so in the last few months i have spend a small fortune, that i don't have on the damn thing!
now I am seriously considering getting shot of it for something I can rely upon (and probably more suited to my use now)
trying to decide, is it worth keeping as what else can go wrong now, or should i get shot before i have to spend yet more money on it!
sage wisdom required what other likely suspects are there that might go wrong on me...
would you get rid, or risk keeping!?