159 1.8 Issues (Heater, Oil & Water gauge) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 20-01-15 Thread Starter
County: -
159 1.8 Issues (Heater, Oil & Water gauge)

So this morning I had a wee bit of an issue with my otherwise completely unreliable Alfa, but one that is kind of freaking me out a bit more.

1 - Heater.
Now the heater never really worked well. For example - I could have it on demist and it would blow the air in the footwell. However now the issue that I am having is that the air blowing out isn't near as warm as it used to be. I checked my water levels and I am verging on the side of low but still within the band. It would also make these banging noises and clicking noises like gears not meshing properly. I brought it to my local garage and they charged me 300 for them to turn around and say that they hadn't a clue.

The issue I am having though is that today the air was warm but no where near as hot as it should be. My commute is 45 min straight of road and you would think that in 45 minutes it'd warm up a bit?

Any ideas?

2 - Oil / Water gauges

Also today i noticed my oil and water gauges are staying put and not rising at all. Is there a fuse I should be aware of?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , gauge , heater , issues , oil , water