Where have all the petrol Sportwagons gone? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #26 of 28 Old 05-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire

I need to carry my Ocean Kayak which is quite heavy as well as an occasional roof box. From past experience on other estates with rails it's easier to whizz on a couple of lockable Thule cross bars. On my Legnum I keep the bars on all the time in the summer. I had removable Thule pads and rails on my 156 saloon but they started to bite into the rubber after a while - is it the same style of fit on the 159 saloon or sportwagon where there is a lug under the rubber above the door?

Aesthetically I prefer the permanent roof rails on the 159 SW as it makes the car look better, more purposeful!

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire
Originally Posted by mlivingstone View Post

Aesthetically I prefer the permanent roof rails on the 159 SW as it makes the car look better, more purposeful!

Spot on statement, Lusso SW's definitely need roof rails, I always liked that mid blue colour. TI SW's are nice without rails (being lower), but Ti SW's with rails are the true Don of all 159's, it even says so on wikipedia, so it must be fact.
AO Member
County: Leicestershire

I was looking for a 159 diesel ti SW with roof bars and satnav back in early November and had a beautiful red one from a dealers in Coalville snatched from under my nose during the first week in November. Although I've bought a giulietta since then I've kept searching and there have literally been none since....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

petrol , sportwagons