alarm failure - Brera Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 31-12-14 Thread Starter
County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

Brera Spider

Help alarm failure - Brera Spider

My Spider announced recently that as a result of an attempted break-in, the alarm would no longer work.
Apart from the obvious point that if she had been attacked once, eliminating the alarm was not a sensible response - mind, she's an Alfa, so maybe that explains a lot - I was fairly sure that no-one had broken into my garage.
After checking at a dealer's, I am told that the problem is a faulty hyper frequency sensor - specifically number 3 - part A0000050511683 (148.25 plus VAT) - but Alfa won't tell the dealer where number 3 is, and there are a lot of them scattered around the car. So it may take hours to find out which one!
For now, at least, I'll manage without an alarm, unless someone knows where number 3 is hiding. Or can suggest a dealer (preferably in the Midlands) who knows more about Brera Spiders than this one. I imagine they are placed similarly on the Brera and 159.

Not connected, I think, but I'm suffering the usual roof incomplete closure problem - has anyone tried fitting a small fan to cool the sensors - if so, did it work, and where did you fit it?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

alarm , failed , roof or top , sensor , spider or brera or 159