Brera Immobiliser issue? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 12-05-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

Brera Immobiliser issue?

Just picked my new (to me 3 months old Dealer demo with 1200 miles) 2.4 JTDM Brera SV and after driving the 150 miles home form the dealership and parking up, I jumped back in the car to show it off and after a brief flash off life all the power cut out. I mean everything, no internal lights, no radio, did not respond to the remote, nothing. At this point I started to panic!

However after taking look at the battery, nothing apprently loose there and waiting maybe 10-15 mins the car started up with no problem and no warnings showing.

Could this be normal behavior of the immobiliser? I may have not had the key in properly before hitting the start button, also it may be been a bit wet as it was raining hard.

I can't find any details on timings for attempted restarts if the car thinks someone is tampering with it, hence this post.

The only other thing is I had not locked the car but just jumped in and tried to start it.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Re: Brera Immobiliser issue?

It normally won't start if the key isn't in properly.
It just display an error message on the console.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , immobiliser , issue