159 1750tbi and multiecuscan compatibility? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 14-12-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

159SW ti 1750tbi

159 1750tbi and multiecuscan compatibility?

Don't know if this has been answered already have searched but couldn't find answer I needed

I am considering purchasing multiecuscan and relevant leads/ connectors as have had a couple of issues with my 159 1750tbi recently ( having had codes read we think it's a faulty maf sensor)
But would like to be able to keep a check on issues myself instead of having to pay for the codes to be read

Looking through the supported cars list on the website it doesn't list the 159 with a 1750tbi engine but it does list Alfa 159 1.8 jts tb 16v with ecu as Bosch Motronic MeD17.3.1 CF5 which I believe is the one used on the 1750 tbi engine

so in summary having looked at the free version to see how it works can anyone that has used it tell me if I'm right in thinking this is the car I would select for mine ???
Or is it not usable with the 1750 tbi engine and if not is there any other software that is before I go and purchase it.

Thanks in advance for any replies
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

That is the engine you're looking for.
However if all you want to do is reading codes/basic parameters, you might even get away without multiecuscan and using something free like scantool.net.
With regards to all the leads, cheapest ELM327 based interface will work just fine but potentially you might have to remove a resistor inside of it (but that's only if you want to connect to something else than engine ECU), as described in Multiecuscan - View topic - FAULTY ELM 327 INTERFACES DE-MYSTIFIED (READ HERE)
If you decide to buy multiecuscan, it works with ELM327 as well.
Also you might want to have a look at alfaobd - user interface is not as polished as multiecuscan but it can do few more things - also compatible with elm327 and free version will read all the parameters.
AO Silver Member
County: Lancashire
Get yourself a cheap diagnostic code reader off somewhere like Amazon.
It''ll also let you cancel the code(s) and turn the EML off.
Just simple plug & play and compatible with just about everything out there on the road.
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 15-12-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

159SW ti 1750tbi

Thanks for the replies.
While I will mainly use it for reading any faults I like that for the money with multiecuscan you can do so much more. as now the car is out of warranty and my local Alfa dealership charged me 100 to fit a battery in the summer it means I can do more of the diagnostics myself and if its a job I cant do I can go to my local independent garage . it wil also mean if there is something he needs to do and his general software dosnt cover rather than having to go back to the dealers perhaps he still can work on my car using multiecuscan.

not heard of alfobd before so will investigate what extras can it do that multiecuscan can't?
Club Member
Membro Medio
County: Lancashire

Member car:

BMW 116i Sport

I've just ordered a ELM 327 from ebay and aim to do exactly the same as you.
Looking forward to doing my own diagnostics and saving a few quid.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , 1750tbi , compatibility , multiecuscan