159 swirl flap damaged and leaking HELP! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 12-12-14 Thread Starter
County: -
159 swirl flap damaged and leaking HELP!

Hi everyone I've just had a new EGR valve replaced and my DPF regenerated by local alfa specailist, who were unwilling to remove the DPF for legal reasons, the power on the car has returned and it is running very smoothly but I am unsure to how long this will last? As the garage has told me that the inlet manifold needs to be replaced as the number 5 swirl flap is damaged and leaking, I was wondering if enyone knows how long it will last before the power starts to cut out again? And also if I have the swirl flaps blanked out will it affect the power of the car? And is this legal to do also? Thanks

Last edited by Haf; 12-12-14 at 21:30. Reason: Also does enyone know how much it would cost to blank out the swirl flaps and would this stop the DPF from getting clogged?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: East Sussex
its not illegal and will not affect the running just blank off the holes and leave the actuator in place. Where u from??
AO Silver Member
County: Stirling
It is possilbe that the flap will detech and end up in the engine making a mess. I would be getting it done as a matter of urgency.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 14-12-14 Thread Starter
County: -
Thanks adeb I'm from birmingham, do you have eny idea how much this would cost and also I am having problems starting the car from cold but once it's warm it's fine has this got something to do with the manifold problem? Thanks guys

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , damaged , flap , leaking , swirl