Issues with 159 (windscreen and radio) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 11-12-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

147 JDTm 16v

Warning Issues with 159 (windscreen and radio)

I've recently had my windscreen replaced for the 2nd time this year, both times have been with AutoGlass coming out to repair it.

Since the windscreen was replaced the 2nd time a week ago, the rain sensing wipers (which had always been quite good on this car) stopped working and a message shows up on the ODO display announcing it. Is there a link between the sensor and windscreen which might have been damaged when this took replacement took place? The first time it was replaced everything was fine.

Secondly, one thing has really bugged me since I got my 2nd 159 back in late 2012 and that concerns the radio.

I had a 56' reg Lusso which when you switched off the radio, kept the radio on, or allowed you to have the radio on without the need for ignition to be activated. It also remembered where a CD was during the play list.

After that car was written off I got an 06' Lusso and the radio doesn't stay on at all without the key in and the ignition activated (thus bringing on ventilation and other features like lights etc). I've been through the settings and checked the timer setting on the radio is set to 20 minutes, that is set correctly. 99.9% of the time, it forgets the CD position too as soon as you switch the car off. Anybody any suggestions as to why this might be like that or how to cure it?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

159 2.0 Ti

I too recently had my windscreen changed and the rain sensor stopped working. I complained to Auto windscreens and they came out 3 times but no fix. In the end, the top bloke came out and said, you need a new screen because a sticky pad that goes in between the rain sensor and the screen, if not fitted correctly, will bubble slightly and this will cause it not to work.

I got a new screen in and job done, working perfectly!

As far as the radio goes, no idea mate!
AO Silver Member
County: Somerset

Member car:

147 1.6 Lusso

Just had mine replaced and the fitter got me to sit in the car and switch the wipers to sense setting and he sprayed some water on the windscreen above the screen sensor. It worked too!
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
If you have checked the settings then perhaps it's a fuse. There is a 'constant' supply to the head unit to keep its memory.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , issues , radio , windscreen